B.Sc. (Data Science) First Time In Gujarat
Data: The Next Universe
The exponential growth in data witnessed since the beginning of digital era is not expected to slow down anytime soon. In fact, it is probably just seen the tip of the iceberg. The coming years will bring about an ever increasing torrent of data.
What Data Scientist Do?
These are a new breed of analytical data experts who have the technical skills to solve complex problems – and the curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved.Data scientists are big data wranglers. They take a huge amount of messy data points (unstructured and structured) and clean, massage and organize them with their formidable skills in math, statistics, and programming.Then they model data into flexible and “mechanically” proficient formats and access paths for programs to store, retrieve and maintain the data effectively and Data Visualization helps in displaying information to more easily understand the underlying meaning. Analytics empowers to uncover hidden solutions to business challenges and present it to the business.They need to have both technical and non-technical skills to perform their job in an effective manner.
Technical skills possessed:
- Data Capture & pre-processing
- Data Analysis & pattern recognition
- Presentation & Visualization
What Data Science Roles are:
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Data Mining Engineer
- Data Architect
- Data Scientist
- Senior Data Scientist
What is the future ?
The Market trends in Data Science says :
- A report by Glassdoor shows that Data scientists lead the pack for the best jobs in America.
- On Indeed, the average Data Scientist salaries for job postings in the US are 113% higher than average salaries for all job postings nationwide, as of February 2018.
- According to Forbes, the number of Data Science job listings is projected to grow by nearly 364,000 listings by 2020.
- The average salary package of a data scientist is Rs 693,637 (IND) or $116,000 (US) per year. Additionally, based on your experience and skill-set, companies can offer you up to $130,000 per annum.
Learning from Pioneers:
The Ganpat University’s Institute of Computer Technology (ICT) B.Sc. & M.Sc. in Data Science is a unique programme focused on the combination of programming and mathematics that creates valuable insight and professional expertise.
The programe has been developed in close collaboration between the university and major industry players. Students will learn theory in mathematics, statistics, programming and machine learning.Students will then apply that theory to industrially- and socially- relevant scenarios using real-world data, and learn to communicate the results. The qualification is very marketable, with global demand across numerous sectors, employable at high levels in commercial and other organizations.
Industry Collaboration :
Starting in academic year 2019, Ganpat University (GNU), and IBM (under its Career Education program) have agreed to launch Engineering programs with specialization. IBM and GNU have collaborated to setup an IBM Software Lab for Emerging Technologies in the campus to help students and faculty members enhance their skills in areas of Data Science. The industry collaborated Bsc. courses in association with IBM provide a unique platform to the students to have hands-on experience with live projects, which are mentored by industry experts. This enables students to attain industry-readiness and transform themselves into highly employable-trained professionals.
Why Should You Enroll ?
- Ganpat University is the first and only University in Gujarat having joint B.Sc. Data Science program in association with IBM
- Instructor Led Training by IBM through out 3 years.
- Global Certification
- Avail scholarships on overseas University based on global certificate
- Degree will be awarded by Ganpat University + Skills compliance certificate by IBM
- 4Cs: Course Content Collaborate Competent
- Access to IBM enterprise softwares
- Experiential Learning
What will you get ?:
- Free Branded Laptop
- IBM Bag & Goodies
- Digital Learning Resources
- Micro certifications
- 24 X 7 Lab access
- Official Electronic Mail Id
- Job Placement Assistance with Top Firms
Any 12th Pass Science (A & B Group both), Commerce Students
Admission will be purely based on merit/score obtained during the entrance test as per below:
Exam Registration Fees: 500 INR
Topics : Basics of Statistics, Probability, Mental Ability etc. Marks : 100
Ganpat University Institute of Computer Technology
Ganpat Vidyanagar, Mehsana-Gozaria Highway,
PO - 384012,
North Gujarat, INDIA
Tele Fax : +91-2762-226016 Toll Free No :1800 233 12345 (for Admission purpose only)
Proposed Fees Structure :
Amount In Rupees
Enrollment / Registration Charges
At the time of admission and in subsequent semester wise
University Exam Fees
Semester Wise Uni. Exam wise
One Time Final Semester
One Time Final Semester