Institute Computer Technology
Centre for Advanced Research and Studies Sponsored
Virtualization: Fundamental and Implementation of Cloud Computing
12-17 June, 2017
Institute of Computer Technology had organized a GNU-CARs sponsored six day’s workshop on Virtualization: Fundamental and Implementation of Cloud Computing during 12-17 June,2017.
Cloud computing has recently emerged as one of the buzzwords in the IT industry. Numerous IT vendors are promising to offer computation, storage, and application hosting services and to provide coverage in several continents.
Virtualizations is basic foundation of cloud computing through which cloud are developed and these are the natural evolution of traditional data centers, they are distinguished by exposing resources (computation, data, and applications) as standards-based Web services and following a "utility" pricing model where customers are charged based on their utilization of computational resources, storage, and transfer of data.
This workshop was aimed to understanding of fundamental of cloud computing and how to implement private cloud in our lab. The objectives of this workshop were utilizing the services of various public clouds too.
We invited the applications from academicians from field of Computer Engineering/ Information Technology / Computer Applications, Research Scholars and IT industry persons. We received 13 applications from various institutes and research scholars. We confirmed their attendance on 10.06.2017.
The content of this workshop was as following:
· Understanding fundamentals of Servers & CPU Architecture necessary for cloud computing
· Creating private cloud using different tools and software (Xen, VM ware, Hyper-v).
· Deploying and accessing OS (Windows & Linux) on private cloud.
· Configure, deploy, manage, and monitor cloud services.
· Exploring public cloud using Azure, google and aws, exploring essential characteristics of public Cloud Computing, Exploring few Cloud Services.
· Managing private and public cloud using programming.
· Hadoop setup (On private and public cloud).
· Search engine setup in local Lab.
· Brief overview: HPC, Hybrid Cloud, Open Stack, Eucalyptus, Containerization.
Experts were invited from CHARUSAT, Vallabh Vidynagar ,Ananad. Prof.RItesh Patel and his team came to deliver the all sessions of this six days workshop.
We formed organizing committee of our faculties to manage this workshop. Applications were invited through goggle form and spreading the e-brochure through an email.
The participant’s feedback was collected at end of workshop. We received the good feedback and participants suggested to organize this type of workshop in future.
The certificates were distributed to all attendees in valedictory function of the workshop. Also we have given certificate of appreciation of to each expert person of this workshop.